SCALE is a consortium of 13 research institutes from 9 EU-countries that aims to improve the management of sediment connectivity in diverse agricultural landscapes.
- current state-of-the-art of connectivity principles in modelling and legal standards,
- data set harmonisation,
- harmonisation of up- and downscaling methods,
- evaluation of on- and off-site measures and connectivity elements in common modelling approaches,
- development of frameworks with mitigation measures and best management practices for stakeholders and
- the communication of the project’s output. SCALE will significantly improve the harmonisation of data sets, observation and modelling techniques in connectivity research and bridge the gap between different spatial and administrative scales.